This one is awesome: the perfect autumn-into-winter, cold evening soup. Pretty quick to prepare. Have a try and let me know what you think.
2-3 Tbs of Olive Oil
2 Cups Butternut Squash, cubed
1 Valencia Onion, diced
1 Cup Kale, chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Pieces of raw Ginger, each the size of a thumb, chopped
6 Cups Vegetable Stock
Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook gently until fragrant and onion is golden.
- Add the Butternut Squash and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add Vegetable Stock, bring to a boil then allow to simmer for 15-20.
- Add Kale. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, until Squash is soft.
- Puree soup then return to heat, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with chives, sour cream, croutons, or, really whatever your heart desires. It’s your soup after all.